Submit an entry for the Kedenka Prize for African Literature 2021 and win a cash prize of up to KShs 100,000 while having your creative work being named as the best piece. (Fiction or creative non-fiction)
And also the opportunity of having them published in an anthology titled ‘I am listening’ 2021 edition.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
- The first prize will be KShs.100,000
- The 2nd and the 3rd shall receive Kshs 50,000 and 25,000 for respectively.
- The remaining two of the five short listed stories shall receive KShs 5,000 each.
- Entrants must be born in, or are citizens of any African country.
- One entry per writer.
- Manuscripts should be of between 3000 and 5000 words.
- All entries must be in English.
- Entries should be attached in Microsoft Word or Rich Text format, with the title of the story as the file name.
- The first page of the story should include the name of the story and the number of words.
- The entry must be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font with 1.5 line spacing.
- Entries must be sent as attachments to an email.
- The email to which the story is attached must include the legal name of the writer, telephone number, a short Bio, age, and country of residence.
- Entrants agree that the prize organizers may publicize the fact that a story has been entered, long listed, or shortlisted for the prize.
- An author of a long listed story agrees to its inclusion in an anthology, and to work with editors to get the story ready for publication.
- Every author confirms that the submission is their original work, it has not been published anywhere else, and that it has not been long listed in any other prize.
- Every author gives exclusive global print and digital rights to Solano Publications Ltd for the long listed stories for publication in an anthology. The author retains the copyright.
- The judges’ decision is final.
Read full article here >> https://camberene.com/kedenka-prize-for-african-literature/